Its the start of a new semester for me and many of you. I have just completed my first week back at CU Boulder and I am looking forward to a fun a productive semester.
This is the time of year that many students enter my studio and for parents that means its time to get equipment for your child that can be very foreign to you. In order to help out, I have created a list of necessities for the student who is just beginning their saxophone education. These items should be readily available at your local music store. I will also post this list in my resources tab.
- Alto Saxophone - recommended models: Yamaha YAS-23, Yamaha YAS-200AD, Selmer AS300
- Alto Saxophone Mouthpiece: Selmer S80 C*
- Alto saxophone ligature: metal with two screws
- Reeds: Vandoren Traditional (blue box) strength 2.5
- Neckstrap: Alto saxophone size
- Reedguard: for up to 4 reeds
- Manuscript (music paper) notebook
I hope everyone has a wonderful semester!